1. Senate committee report into offsets
A Senate committee issued the report from its inquiry into environmental offsets.
2. Drivers of practice change in agricultural land management
This ABARES study focuses on the key factors landholders consider when making decisions to adopt specific land management practices.
3. Auditors on capacity to manage compliance of EPBC Act
The ANAO issued a performance audit: ‘Managing Compliance with Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 Conditions of Approval’.
4. The Action Plan for Australian Mammals
CSIRO’s Publishing’s new The Action Plan for Australian Mammals 2012 book is now out and stock is available. The authors are John Woinarski, Andrew Burbidge and Peter Harrison.
5. Green Paper on developing Northern Aust
Minister Warren Truss issued a Green Paper on northern development and announced the members of a Northern Australia Advisory Group.
6. Great Barrier Reef Report Card 2012 & 2013
The Great Barrier Reef Report Card 2012 and 2013 measures progress in action taken to improve water quality in the reef between July 2009 and June 2013.
7. Effectiveness of Party Climate Policies
The Climate Institute issued ‘Effectiveness Review of Party Climate Policies: July 2014 – Policy Brief’.